Saturday, October 18, 2014

Update : 8 days out

It was a rough start after my extended intubation, it was very difficult not to focus on being awake and trying not to pull out tube.  I really had to pray like crazy.  And after I had trouble swallowing and had to have a tube placed down my throat.  That is highly uncomfortable and irritating and made attempting swallowing more tricky. I'm doing esophageal strengthening exercises but praise God I got the tube out a few hrs ago and boy that feels sooooooooo much better.  My nurse also washed my hair today-Elise is a rockstar!
I don't have much of an appetite so just gotta force myself.   The puréed eggs this AM had the consistency of frosting-- yuck! I enjoyed my peaches tho!

Keep praying for daily recovery and hopefully I can get a chest tube out within the next 24hrs!

We can't do this without you and am so grateful for each and everyone of you!


Gotta get out of here, will have a repeat bronch Mon/Tues to clear out that right lung.

Love you!

1 comment:

  1. Keep on getting better and better Joyce prayers are on your side,,,

    ReplyDelete